Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
Your data is vital to your business. Keeping it safe can be as easy as backing it up on a regular basis. Webiness provides you with the type of automated backup service that you need to keep your important information safe and secure.
Clone your data with CDP services from Webiness!
What is CDP?
Continuous Data Protection solution is a server software application that enables disk-based data protection and recovery from servers running Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems. CDP server protects disk volume data using replication and synchronization over the network storing point-in-time snap shots in disk-based storage.
Our CDP solution is a near-continuous data protection system capable of providing hundreds of recovery points per day!
How Does CDP Work?
You schedule a backup using the CDP control panel. The backup server then periodically connects to the agent program (located on the server where your information is stored) and synchronizes changed disk sectors. The backup server then creates a new point-in-time image of the disk volume. The point-in-time images are called recovery points.
Recovery points only consist of a copy of the changed disk sectors; which means that backups can be completed in minutes, not hours. The more frequent recovery points are scheduled, the quicker they are completed.
How Much Does It Cost?
Service is available on all of our hosting plans. For Shared Hosting Plans, the cost of the service is 50% of the monthly fee. This includes a nightly backup of your entire space. Backups are retained for 1 week.
To install the service on a Dedicated Server, you select your plan. There is a one-time setup fee of $150 and then one of these monthly fees:
- Up to 80GB: $40
- Up to 160GB: $50
- Up to 250GB: $60
- Over 250GB: Call for a custom quote
Features of CDP
- Frequency: You are assigned a backup frequency when your account is created. Backups can be adjusted to a monthly, weekly, daily or hourly schedule; whatever meets your needs.
- Storage: Each plan is assigned a certain amount of backup storage. If you need more space, upgrades are available.
- Compression: To maximize your space, you have the option to compress your data.
- Encryption: Secure your data with strong encryption - RSA keys and the blowfish cipher available.
- Locations: Backup your data to our state-of-the-art data center in Liberty Lake, Washington or add a second location in Seattle, Washington for better protection.
- Database: Table level backups and restores for MySQL.
- Restoration: your data completely, at a folder level or at a file level.
- Compliancy: Continuous Data Protection is compliant with HIPAA, GLBA and SOX regulations.