Webiness Anti-Spam Service
Barracuda Spam Firewall
Webiness® employs the industry-leading Barracuda Spam Firewall to provide proactive anti-spam services for our customers. The Barracuda Spam Firewall is an integrated hardware and software solution which provides a powerful, easy to use, and affordable solution to eliminating spam from your organization.
The monthly fee provides anti-spam protection for 50 email accounts per individual domain (e.g. if you owned two domains, it would cost $20/month to provide service for both domains).
Take Control of Spam
Email has undoubtedly become a key tool for communications among companies worldwide. With frequent virus attacks and the alarming rate that spam fills inboxes, email is quickly becoming a less efficient means of communication. In fact, the Radicati Group, a market research firm in Palo Alto, California, predicts that by 2007, there will be 50 billion spam messages each day, costing companies almost $200 billion per year. This is simply astounding and unacceptable. It's time to take control of spam.
The Barracuda Spam Firewall includes all the features needed to eliminate your spam and completely protect your email server from all forms of attack. Email may be blocked, quarantined, tagged, or delivered based on the policies of the organization or the preferences of the individual user.
End User Control Features
The Barracuda Spam Firewall contains numerous end-user features that allow for individual tuning and greatly enhance the accuracy of our spam filtering.
- User based filtering The Barracuda Spam Firewall can be configured to set spam policies by the end user on an individualized basis or on a global corporate level.
- Individual Spam ScoringThe individual spam scoring feature allows end users to set their individual thresholds for spam tolerance providing personalized control over spam policies.
- Personal Allow and Block Lists The Barracuda Spam Firewall can be configured to allow end users to have control over their individual allow and block lists which further reduces the chance of false positives.
- End-User Quarantine The Barracuda Spam Firewall provides the ability to setup quarantine mailboxes where users can direct questionable email for later review. This greatly reduces the support load for large organizations.
- Digest Emails A daily email is sent to all end users with a quarantine account summarizing the contents of their individual quarantine mailboxes.
Powerful, Complete Solution
The Barracuda Spam Firewall is used by small organizations with as few as 10 employees and large organizations with as many as 200,000 employees. A single Barracuda Spam Firewall handles up to 25,000 active email users and 15 million email messages per day. Multiple units can be clustered together for even greater capacity and high availability.
The Barracuda Spam Firewall protects our email server with ten defense layers:
- Denial of service and security protection
- IP block list
- Rate control
- Virus check with archive decompression
- Barracuda virus check
- User-specified rules
- Spam fingerprint check
- Intention analysis
- Bayesian analysis
- Rule-based scoring
The Barracuda Spam Firewall architecture optimizes the processing of each email to maximize performance and process millions of messages per day. Unlike software solutions, the Barracuda Spam Firewall reduces the load placed on the email server by off-loading both spam and virus filtering.
In addition, all Barracuda Spam Firewall models include essential outbound filtering techniques including attachment scanning, virus filtering, rate controls and encryption. These features help organizations to ensure that all outgoing email is legitimate and virus-free.